There’s no denying that stand-up paddle boarding is one of the hottest water sports around.
It’s an activity that allows you to explore and have fun while standing atop a board and gliding through the water.
But what if you want to take it up a notch? What if you want something bigger, more powerful, and more durable? Enter the Megalodon paddleboard.
This monster of a SUP board stands as tall as its namesake and offers an incredibly smooth ride for even the most experienced paddlers. So what size is a Megalodon paddle board, and how can you get your hands on one? Read on to find out!
The dimensions of a Megalodon paddleboard
The dimensions of a Megalodon paddle board are 12’6″ x 32″ x 6″. It has a volume of 1000 liters and can support up to 350 pounds.
12′ L x 45\” W x 8\” OR 15′ L x 56\” W x 8\”
How to choose the right size paddle board for you
There is no definitive answer to this question, as your ideal paddle board size will depend on several factors, including your height, weight, and desired usage.
That said, here are a few general guidelines to help you select the correct size paddle board:
For beginners or those looking for an all-purpose board, we recommend a 9’0″ to 10’6″ board. A longer board may be a better choice if you’re taller (over 6’2″) or plan on doing primarily flatwater paddling.
If you’re interested in surfing on your paddle board or shorter and lighter (under 200 lbs.), a faster and squatter board will be more maneuverable and easier to surf on. We recommend 8’0″ to 9’6″ boards for these cases.
Once you’ve decided on a length range, the next thing to consider is width. Again, your best width will depend on your height, weight, and desired usage. Generally speaking, wider boards are more stable but slower, while narrower boards are faster but less stable. A good rule of thumb is that beginner paddlers should look for commissions in the 30″ to 34″ range, while more experienced paddlers can narrow into the 28″ to 32″ range.
Finally, think about thickness when choosing your paddle board. Generally, beginner boards should range from 4″ to 6″ thick, while experienced paddlers can make them thinner into the 3″ to 5″ range. Wider boards are more stable, while narrower boards are more agile and faster.
Ultimately, the best paddle board fits your needs and feels comfortable when you’re out on the water.
Megalodon paddle boards vs. other brands
Megalodon paddle boards are the most significant and stable SUPs, making them ideal for larger paddlers or those looking for a more stable platform.
Megalodon paddle boards are also some of the most durable SUPs available, thanks to their construction from high-quality materials.
While they may cost more than other brands, their quality and performance are worth the investment.
Why Megalodon is the best choice for paddle boarding
Megalodon paddle boards are the best choice for paddle boarding because they are incredibly stable and durable. They are also very comfortable standing on, making them ideal for beginners and experienced paddleboarders.
Megalodon paddle boards come in various sizes so that you can find the perfect one for your needs.
How to get started with paddle boarding
Have you ever wondered how to get started with paddle boarding?
Paddleboarding is a great way to enjoy the water and get some exercise, but it can be tricky to know where to start. Here are some tips on how to get started with paddle boarding:
- Choose the right board: Not all paddle boards are created equal. You’ll want to ensure you choose the right size and shape panel. If you’re a beginner, choosing a more comprehensive, longer board for stability is often best.
- Get the proper equipment: Besides a paddleboard, you’ll need a paddle and life jacket (or wetsuit). Make sure you have everything you need before heading out on the water.
- Find a good spot: Once you have your equipment, it’s time to find an excellent place to paddle board. Look for calm water without too many waves or obstacles. If you’re unsure where to go, ask a local shop or someone at your hotel/resort for recommendations.
- Please get in the water: Now that you’ve found the perfect spot, it’s time to get in! Start by kneeling on your board, then stand up slowly and carefully. Remember to keep your arms close to your body and your feet shoulder-width apart for balance.
- Start paddling: Once you’re standing up on your board, it’s time to start swimming. Use long, slow strokes to move forward. If you feel yourself losing balance, take a few short strokes on one side to help keep your board steady.
- Have fun! Once you get the hang of paddling, it’s time to have fun! Try different techniques like riding waves or doing tricks. Remember to stay safe and wear a life jacket while paddle boarding.
With these tips, you’ll be ready to get out and enjoy the water with paddle boarding!
ISLE Megalodon Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board & iSUP Bundle Accessory Pack — Up to 1,050 lbs Capacity — Durable, Lightweight with Stable Stance — 15' L x 56" W x 8" Thick
ISLE Megalodon Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board & iSUP Bundle Accessory Pack – Up to 1,050 lbs Capacity — Durable, Lightweight, Stable — 12′ L x 45\” W x 8\” OR 15′ L x 56\” W x 8\”